Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's all a blur.

It's mid-May. Did this happen while I was sleeping? I really for the life of me cannot figure out where this year has gone. Nor can I figure out for the life of me why I sound like an 82 year old woman by writing about time and how it's passing so quickly. Well, at least I'm having fun.

Since I blogged last, we've celebrated Easter...

[We missed Justin at the Easter celebration.]

Celebrated Cash's 4th birthday...

[No, he didn't get cake. Yes, he's still crazy energetic.]

Celebrated Micah's 14th birthday...

[How did that little baby boy in orange grow up to be 14 already? Wasn't it just my freshman year of college when I was getting a page on my pager [stop laughing, you know non-drug dealers had pagers in the late 90's] from mom and dad with the "in labor, headed to hospital" code? [Again, enough with the 82 year old woman talk.]

Celebrated a marriage...


Celebrating Adam and Valerie's wedding was super fun...


Celebrated treasured friendships...

[I do not know why this picture is life size. In fact, I think it's larger than life size. Just focus on Baby E. who is impossibly adorable.]

For more photo evidence of the aforementioned fun, hop on over here.

We also celebrated Mother's Day, and I do love my mama very, very much. She was down with the sickness on Mother's Day though so I expressed my love by throwing a sleeve of saltines and can of Sprite and cold washrags to her from the hallway outside of her bedroom door. Clearly I'm not a mom yet or my nurture gene would have been a little more....um, nurturing.

In other news I also registered for a half-marathon. Yep. I'm committed. If I pay muchos pesos for a registration fee, I'm going to do it. I must have been under the influence of a runner's high when I registered because sitting here at my desk in the cool air-conditioned controlled climate, I am dreading this afternoon's run and totally second guessing that decision. At least I have until December to mentally prepare. Yes, it's in December and I registered for it in April. There's a 96% chance I'll forget that I even registered for it by race day.

Ok, that's all for now. Maybe in another 5 weeks or so I'll be back with completely unsolicited commentary on things like my current favorite songs, summer television shows, or something as equally nonsensical and dullsville.

1 comment:

Jeffrey & Katie said...

Your pics made me want to eat Cash up (he's so cute) and go grab a Varsity chili dog. Maybe my obsession with food right now would explain my baby's enormous arm rolls. Love to you, HP!