Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

Since my life has been consumed by a puppy, I have nothing really new and exciting to report. Unless you consider getting 5 straight hours of sleep without having to get up and walk outside from your upstairs apartment with a puppy in the middle of it exciting. I certainly do. I never thought I would become one of "those people" (you know, the ones who say "sorry, can't go, I have to let my dog out"), yet I have. I love him dearly nonetheless though and I have determined that having him is great preparation for whenever I have children (bought or birthed...either one). He's a great guard dog already. Look at what he had trapped in the kitchen yesterday morning...
My friend Emily got this bone for him and she said that it's great for when I need to get something done and keep him occupied at the same time. Little does he know how much more fun chewing on it would be!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Seriously, I thoroughly understand everything you just said. And, seriously, if you need to talk . . .

Josh and Donna said...

i love his tail in that pic! i heart cash. (the money kind and your cute dog kind)

Joni said...

Cash is oh so cute! how fun! so are you a dog and cat person now?

Lindsey Oliver said...

Your Cash is absolutely adorable!! I love the updates.

You hit the nail right on the head! Puppy training is GREAT preparation for parenthood... seriously. My husband says all the time that having a kid is a lot like having a dog. You gotta make sure they eat/poop/get love & attention. See the similarities are endless. :)

Can you believe my sister-in-law just got a puppy named Cash, too? After Johnny and her favorite nut, the cashew.