Saturday, April 3, 2010

So they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly.

Apartment life is nothing that I really prefer. It just happens to be the best option for me during this little phase of my life called graduate school student/full-time state employee with furloughs. I wouldn't mind it so badly say if current residents had the opportunity to interview prospective residents. My primary requirements are non-smokers who don't use candles, fireplaces, or ovens. That's not asking too much now is it?

About this time last year, a couple moved into my building. They are quite impressive. His truck sat in the parking lot with a flat tire for a couple of weeks. For a couple of more weeks his truck sat in the parking lot with a washer and dryer in the back. They loved the pool during the summer. So much so that they carried their best glass bottles filled with their adult beverage of choice and ALL of their rowdy friends down to it to hang out until the wee small hours of the morning all weekend. Every weekend.

Towards the end of the summer, they got a yellow Lab because the girl just loved Cash so much. I guess she loves dogs that bristle up and begin to bark immediately upon seeing her because that's what Cash did. Every time. Perhaps it's because I've taught him to detest the scent of cigarette smoke. Not really, he just doesn't like smokers for some reason. So, Buddy, their yellow Lab grows into a big, strong, rowdy Marley & Me type Lab. Except it's not friendly. It's mean. It barks. All the time. It chases cars. Yes, it chases cars because it's UNLEASHED. These people never leash their rowdy dog. In fact they just send him out into the woods behind our building to do his business. The way that they get him to come back is by screaming at him until he meanders back inside. I do feel badly for the dog because obviously it has never been properly socialized, nor do its owners treat it as it should be treated. I mean, good dog owners do things like this with (er, I mean to) their dogs.

Back to my point of this post. Because I do have one. I promise. Today when I got home from work, I saw the most glorious sight that I have seen in weeks.

The Clampett's are leaving! Can't y'all just picture that yellow dog perched up on top of the trailer? Just like on The Beverly Hillbillies. Best of luck to them (and those bungee cords) as they move on to bigger and better concrete ponds.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Hilarious. Always laughing along when I read your posts. Those bungees...oh my gosh. Great photo of you and your well behaved canine, by the way.

Katie S. said...

Um...where are they planning on putting that dresser?