Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Have Mercy.


I remember my very first crush. His name was Blackie and he was in a band.[Please, people, it's been a rough week...let's not raise eyebrows over the fact that General Hospital was a regular part of my television line-up as a three-year old.]

After a few years of touring with the Riff Raff in Port Charles, he apparently needed a new gig so he loaded up the truck and moved to San Francisco. And became Uncle Jesse.Who cares about the name change or the fact that his rocker dude image had potential for being slightly tarnished considering he was part-time caregiver for three little girls when he wasn't touring with the Rippers, he was still cute. And I had a standing date with him every Friday night at 8:00. [Along with a half-million other 12 year old girls. Whatever.] After the early 90's we went our separate ways. The demands of middle school were too much for me to maintain such a relationship.

Yet, I am here to proclaim that hope springs eternal! And Emma Pillsbury knows this better than anyone right about now. Last night during the Glee finale, I was so happy to learn that she has found herself a new man. Her dentist. It just so happens that her dentist has some musical experience. After all he was the front man in the Riff Raff
and the Rippers.
I definitely sense that a power ballad sing-off where he and Mr. Shue vie for the affections of one Miss Pillsbury is on the horizon for Season 2.

1 comment:

Suzanna said...

I didn't know Uncle Jesse before he was Uncle Jesse...he was cute, but it felt weird to have a crush since he was my friend DJ's uncle.

Funny to think we spent Friday night with the same family all those years before we even knew each other!

TGIF! ;)