Sunday, October 24, 2010

I guess I'll just blog instead.

I've spent so much time looking at an Excel spreadsheet this weekend that I think my eyes are permanently crossed. Earlier this afternoon I paused for a much needed Sunday afternoon nap, took Cash for a much needed walk since he barked incessantly throughout the aforementioned nap, and then ran out to grab dinner. Wendy's chili. Because that detail is important. Not really.

Now I'm back home, Kyra Sedgwick is on the TV using her poor excuse for a Southern accent, and I'm all ready to settle in for a long night of school work. I locate my trusty flash drive and upon plugging it into my computer, I'm greeted with this message: "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." I continued to try it in every single other available data port (or whatever those things are called) and the SAME. FLIPPING. MESSAGE. continued to greet me at each one. It's not a tragedy of epic proportion (yet) because fortunately I do have my data set backed up on my desktop. So I'm not crying (yet) even though every single thing I've ever done for graduate school is on this one flash drive. Papers, projects, presentations...all those things I'm going to need to reference in preparation for this little thing called my exit exam that is happening in ohhh...approximately 3 weeks.

Fantastic. My dog just dropped a tennis ball that he has been chewing on for 20 minutes on my keyboard. Pardon me while I go find a ShamWow. And I'm back.

Instead of lamenting over a corrupted flash drive, I've decided to take a little time out to regroup which means I'm enjoying a glass of chocolate milk while taking a few minutes to blog. Today's topic: nothing in particular. Typically I recount the trivial and mundane in my personal journal instead of on my blog, but it's been so long since I've journaled that I couldn't tell Deputy Chief Brenda Lee Johnson its whereabouts if my life depended upon it. Since this post seems to be taking a turn toward television, perhaps now is the best time to share yesterday's discovery of The Wonder Years, Doogie Howser, M.D., and Family Ties on the hub network. What's the hub network, you wonder? I wonder the same thing.

Last night we went to Terrapin which certainly makes for a fun Athens activity. I highly recommend it if you are going to be in the Athens area. And if you are going to be in the Athens area, then you should invite me to join you. Unless you are a blog lurker and I don't know you because that would be weird. No offense, blog lurkers. While there I fell in love with a pit bull puppy and discovered a way in which the United States could employ a cheap and harmless interrogation technique that would crack even the most hardened of criminals. How, you wonder? Step 1: Take them to a college town. Step 2: Find a popular place that serves lots of alcohol. Step 3: At the end of the night lock them into a stall in the ladies room. I swear after 5 minutes they will start talking simply to escape the ridiculousness of the conversations taking place around them. I'm certain that when I was in college, I never talked about the tribulation of hiccups or the strife that results when one wears her suede boots too early in the season. Who am I kidding? I probably talked about those very things last week. But not with a super cool gal 10 years my senior that I had never met before while in a drunken fog. So that makes it completely different.

I could continue with this ramble but at this point it's like beating a horse that has been dead for an hour already. Instead I'll leave you snapshot of how Cash spent his weekend.

I really wish someone would give this dog some attention. It's beginning to impact his self-esteem.

No comments: