Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Cupcake of Epic Proportions

This past Saturday we celebrated little Miss Caroline's 1st birthday. I'm pretty sure it was the social event of the year for everybody who is anybody falling into the Pre-K and below age bracket. Who am I kidding? It was the social event of my year, thus far. I remember when this sweet baby girl was born just like it was yesterday. Ok, in reality what I remember more than her actual birthday was the afternoon before her birthday. See, she came a week early and for anyone who knows me and my need to be in control of most every detail of my life, it should come as no surprise that my best friends are wired in a very similar fashion. Needless to say, Suz was bound and determined not to birth that baby until she had acquired the much needed ribbon from Michael's to put the finishing touches on the nursery. And what an impeccable room Caroline had waiting for her when she arrived home!
But I'm not here to talk about a nursery and the great deliberations over furniture placement in said nursery. I'm here to post pictures because that's all people really want to see anyway. And since I don't have kids of my own, I'll just post pictures of other folk's kids. All the fun in showing them off, none of the ballet lesson expenses. I like it. Fortunately, Angel's parade of princesses was also at the party. However it was difficult to get a good picture of her oldest because she's very camera shy.
Honestly I don't see how Angel keeps up with 3 girls who are ages 3 and under. Just the thought of it makes me want to take a nap. Especially when I see how much they keep her on her toes...
Caroline's party was a "Snow" theme which I thought was snow clever given the winter season. It came complete with "yellow snow" and everything. No, it wasn't in a cold part of town where unleashed dogs roamed freely...popcorn was served! Along with snowda pop. Have I mentioned that it is a pre-requisite that all of my friends must be witty and clever before I forge a friendship with them? My friends are also very smart which inevitably results in a very smart future generation.
For all of you non-parents of small children born in the early to mid-2000's out there, Caroline is signing the word "more". More cupcake please. You got it, Birthday Girl. I'm so excited about watching this baby girl grow into an amazing young woman. (I'm sure that she is equally excited about watching her mom's friend with the crazy curly hair develop age spots.) I'm so thankful to be included in these milestones and look forward to so many more.

1 comment:

Suzanna said...

I loved reading your generous recap of the birthday festivities, but when I turned to Mike (who was reading along with me) to see what he thought, he only commented that he didn't make your blog.

Thanks for making the party extra fun and for capturing our Kodak moments since our Kodak wasn't up to the task.