Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just me...Paparazzi HP

I've discovered that it's both a blessing and a curse to have my camera with me at all times. It's great for those Kodak moments that life brings like running into a celebrity on the street...or seeing a puppy and small child playing in an open grassy field...or winning a couple of grand at a slot machine. But I don't really have those kinds of moments on a regular basis. Unless once every 29.75 years constitutes regular. Instead I have my trigger finger ready for life's blogable moments. I'm certain that one day that will get me into trouble and I might even be so lucky as to end up with a black eye. For a few fleeting moments this afternoon, I thought that today was going to be that day. It started out like any normal trip to Publix during the lunch hour. Until I turned down an aisle and spotted it. Immediately I reached for my purse to grab my camera, but I couldn't stop because there were cars behind me. So I parked. All the while I was weighing in my mind the pros and cons of blatantly taking a picture in the middle of the parking lot. During the lunch time hour. On a clear, sunny day. So I chickened out. As I walked toward the store, I decided that if the opportunity presented itself on the way out of the store, I would take the picture. For the sake of my lacking-in-updates blog. And the 3 readers who read it. On my way out, I reached into my purse and got my camera out of its case. I scanned the parking lot. All was clear except for one person behind me, but there was no way he would be concerned with the fact that I was photographing a random car in the parking lot. However I decided to be discreet just in case because he was a big dude. With long hair. And white Converse low-top sneakers. So as I was walking toward my car, I quickly snapped this picture...Am I the only one who sees the humor in an "uppity women unite" bumper sticker on a 1990-something Honda Accord? Please tell me no. Sure the economy hasn't stolen your senses of humor. The fact that it's an Oconee county tag makes it even better because Oconee county is all that and a bag of chips these days. And then just when I thought it couldn't get any funnier, I realized that the sound of the cart behind me was fading. My first thought was "oh no, I've been busted" so I quickly got into my car and turned around to see this...
I guess he was just picking up a few refreshments for Bridge Club tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Josh and Donna said...

hahaha! love it! i want to be a part of the uppity women club. let's creat one hp!