Thursday, April 2, 2009

I wonder if Benadryl worked for Noah.

Don't get me wrong - I'm thankful for the rain. I understand that we need the rain. The farmers need the rain to feed their families. The lakes and streams need the rain so I no longer have to carry guilt about taking 2 showers in 1 day. Rain is good. Until it rains for days straight and you come home to your apartment and let the dog who has been crated for 12.5 of the last 13 hours out of his crate. When that happens, things like this happen as well...
Yes, I realize that there is enough bone in my floor to reconstruct some sort of large animal. Perhaps a T-Rex even. What you don't see is the part of the floor to my right and left and behind me. More bone. More plastic bag debris. More tennis balls. More red blanket fragments. More plastic bottles. And today, I did not have the wherewithal to even try to maintain order. In fact it was all I could do to hide the Benadryl tablets in the peanut butter well enough so that Cash would never even now that I was slipping a little sleepy time into his evening snack. That was 2 hours ago. Too bad the picture doesn't show him running in circles. Even now. As I type.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow - this picture cracks me up. are you sure you arent giving your dog crack instead of benadryl? Maybe he needs a doggie-treadmill:)

Josh and Donna said...

poor cash! poor hp.