Wednesday, January 4, 2012

11 Shows I Love.

Today's post was not my original idea for day 11. However, I decided that since I'm "recapping" 2011 in a sense, I would be remiss if I didn't include some television shows. It's a thousand wonders I maintain a 40-hour/week job with the intense reading, television viewing, and napping schedule that I keep. DVR is one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me. Yet at the same time, it's one of the worst thing that's ever happened to me because it serves as my enabler. If stranded on a desert island, one of my 5 items would definitely be television equipped with DVR. At least I have a clear perspective on my first-world problems.

So here's what I watched and loved last year:

1. Friday Night Lights. I miss Tim Riggins. And Coach and Tami Taylor. Single tear.

2. The Closer. When I grow up, I want to be like Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson. And on a serious note, I hope my arms look like Kyra Sedgwick's do when I'm her age. I wonder if tone and definition comes with age? Hmm.

3. How I Met Your Mother. Oh for the love, Ted Mosby, meet your wife already.

4. Parks and Recreation. It is li-tri-ly the best show on television right now.

5. Modern Family. This one runs a close second to Parks & Rec. I giggle and giggle and giggle for 30 minutes every Wednesday.

6. Parenthood. Love the Braverman family. Love them. Except it's super weird for me that Lauren Graham and Peter Krause are dating in real life and are brother and sister on the show. Eww. Yuck. Grody.

7. Suits. I found this show on USA Network this year and I love it. I have an unrealistic crush on Harvey Specter. As in, I'm planning to marry him. Except he's a television character.

8. Castle. This show is kind of like Ed, but not really at all. Actually it's only like Ed in the sense that when Castle and Detective Beckett finally become an "item" [as my dear mama likes to say] the next scene will be of them jumping a shark together.

9.Happy Endings. Kind of like wine, this show gets better with age. It started out kind of Boone's Farm-sy and now it's totally up to Trader Joe's Two Buck Chuck.

10. Blue Bloods. Donnie Wahlberg + Tom Selleck = Be still my heart.

11. SNL. This season's episode hosted by Jimmy Fallon was one of the best ones in a long time. I hope that when we all get to heaven that I live in the same cul-de-sac as Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake.

If stranded on a desert island, what shows would you have on your DVR? Or would you only read books and listen to classical music?

No comments: