Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Soundtrack: Shake Your Tailfeather Edition.

In honor of the upcoming release of Step Up 3D on Friday, I'm dedicating this week's soundtrack segment to a few songs that automatically cause my toes to start tapping when I hear the music. As far as Step Up 3D is concerned, if you're one of the 45 people in the nation who plan to actually pay money to see this production, please let me know how that works out for you. As for myself, I prefer to spend the time getting down with D-Qwon's Dance Grooves. Without further adieu...

Brick House by The Commodores. Can we say classic? Of course we can. For what it's worth, I believe that Lionel was better at singing than he was at parenting
. But what do I know about either one? Not. A. Thing.

Carry Out
by Timbaland featuring Justin Timberlake. When oh w
hen is JT going to come out with a whole new CD? I'm not ashamed to admit that I check his website semi-regularly for signs of a tour and CD release. If I had to choose my single favorite added bonus of the Justin Timberlake concert in Atlanta during his last tour it would be the surprise appearance by Timbaland. Obviously if the first four letters of your last name are "t-i-m-b" then you're destined for music success according to me...HP.

Hey Ya by OutKast. Do you realize that when the kids today go to "shake it like a Polaroid picture" they probably think of the iPhone app instead of an actual 3.5 x 4.25 in. picture? Grandpa, tell me about the good old days.


Telephone
by Lady Gaga featuring Beyonce. You either love it or hate it, or love to hate it. Fun fact: Lady Gaga originally wrote this song for Britney Spears but she s
aid "no thank you" because she was running away with the Circus instead of spending time at the club that was far from a cell tower. [Someone has been watching too much VH1.] Speaking of Britney...

Womanizer by Britney Spears. I call 'em like I see 'em too, B
rit.

Intergalatic by The Beastie Boys. These guys are now 43, 44, and 45 years old. Should we call them The Beastie Gentlemen now? You know, out of respect and all.

Shackles by Mary Mary. What? There's nothing wrong with a little foot fellowship. It's not like the Solid Gold Dancers invented dancing.

Rosa Parks by OutKast. [I don't want to talk about the l
awsuit.] This is one of those songs that anytime I hear it, I can't help but think of college parties at Eric Jones' house in Dahlonega. And if you ever found yourself traipsing up that ridiculously steep driveway on any given Thursday night between the years of 1998-2001, there's a pretty good chance you do too.

Imma Be
by Black Eyed Peas. Speaking of black eyes, I
totally think that Fergie should give Josh Duhamel one but that's another story for another day.

SexyBack
by Justin Timberlake. He's little boy cute so as badly as I hate to break it to him, he can't actually bring sexy back...if it had ever disappeared in the first place. I have a friend (who shall remain nameless because I still want her to be my friend) who thought JT was singing about a s
exy cat when this song first was released. Oh, I giggle.
Well, what are you waiting on? Everybody dance now!

1 comment:

Angel said...

hahahaha! catching up on your blog. love the photo.

i'm making ryan dress up like napoleon for halloween. i swear. and he's gonna learn the dance routine. yeeessss!