Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Day with Miss Caroline

So this day can be described in two words: Great and Mediocre. In this posting, I'm going to focus on the great part of my day. I got to spend some quality time with baby Caroline while her mama, Suzanna, went to work outside the home one last time for awhile. Oh what fun we had! Allow me to share a few highlights from the day. After her morning feeding, it was time for some exercise...Let's be honest, I don't like upper body work either. Needless to say tummy time did not last very long. Since it is my responsibility as an "aunt" to appropriately spoil her, we decided to leave that unpleasant exercise for when Mommy and Daddy got back home. Since she is 100% girl, it is only natural that Caroline prepare in advance for all of those future gab sessions with her best gal pals. So she did her tongue calisthenics next:Caroline has many fans. Two of her biggest are Eli the Elephant and Freddie the Firefly so they stopped by for playtime...When they resorted to chatting about the weather, it was time for me to entertain Caroline with song, dance, and witty banter:Apparently I need to come up with some new material or Caroline's humor is already far more sophisticated than mine. Or maybe, just maybe, she is three months old and needed a nap...Today was my first experience with swaddling blankets. Back in the day when I swaddled my Cabbage Patch Kids, it was pretty easy so I thought to myself, how hard can it be? These things come half wrapped complete with velcro. Silly me for not considering the fact that real live babies come with kicking legs and squirming bodies...
Ok, swaddling experts, Suzanna told me to leave one arm out because Caroline likes her fingers better than her paci so it wasn't as bad as it might appear upon first glance. While we had a few of these moments:
I am happy to report that the majority of the day was spent with moments like these...
Thanks Trice family for such a fun visit. I'm already looking forward to next time!

2 comments:

Suzanna said...

Thank YOU for taking the day to come. We always LOVE your visits!

Josh and Donna said...

what a great auntie you are!