Sunday, July 27, 2008

Blogger's Block

I've got it. Yet, I feel as if I should take advantage of the opportunity to blog now before classes start back. Ugh...Classes. It's not as if there is no blog-worthy subject matter. There's plenty from the past week alone. For instance:
  • It has been an exciting time of arrivals!! First, my friend Christie's (which if she had a blog, I would have inserted the hyperlink to it here...HINT) husband made it back home to her from Afghanistan after being gone for nearly 15 months. Welcome home, Allen! Thanks for doing what you do! Then my old roommate, Allison (which if she had a blog, I would have inserted the hyperlink to it here...HINT), gave birth to her new baby boy. He arrived casually late and nearly drove his sweet parents crazy in the anticipation I'm sure, but he's here and he's healthy and that's all that really matters. Welcome to the world, McKinley! We're glad that you're here.
  • Helicopter parents have been out in full force. They are much more relentless during certain times of year. Fee payment deadline (which is quickly approaching on August 4th) brings out the worst behaviors in them all. I'm glad that my child(ren) will not be a part of the Millennial Generation because I would drive myself crazy if I behaved like these parents. (I know, I know...famous last words, right?...I'll probably end up the Chinook of helicopter parents - 2 propellers - since I just said that.)
  • I finally got to the bottom of the mystery behind my next door neighbor's multiple arrests and visit from Athens-Clarke County's version of Dog the Bounty Hunter. Seriously, he even had his own versions of Beth, Leland and Dewayne Lee with him. Except Leland and Dewayne Lee were about 7 and 10 years old. Sheesh. I digress. Apparently he does things like steal gas from gas stations and bounce checks left and right. Which totally clears up my question as to how he can afford to live next door to me if he bags my groceries at Publix. He can't. He just pretends like he can. I do sleep easier knowing that while there is a criminal next door, he's a pretty harmless one. Unless I try to sell him some Tupperware or something. He may not pay me for that. Sell him Tupperware??? Where do I come up with this stuff?
  • I made it to see Mamma Mia! (remember from a post last week about how jazzed I was to see it?). It was good. Not as good as the actual musical itself, but it was totally worth my hard-earned $6.25. Meryl Streep did really well, but Pierce Brosnan should keep his day job as Remington Steele and James Bond. I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea for him to play a role that requires singing ABBA tunes in the first place.
  • And finally I'm happy to have rediscovered Pop-Up Video on VH1 Classic. Hey - it's a combination of both the small, seemingly insignificant things, AND the big things that make life so grand. Look for the small things and take the time to appreciate those too.

Hmm...seems that the bout with Blogger's Block has passed. That's a relief. :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love pop-up video!!

Suzanna said...

Where can you see a movie for $6.25these days? I need to do my movie viewing in Athens. We're up to almost $10 at the theatres here.