Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gotta' Love Small Town Politics

The political season is really heating up with the Georgia primary just days away, and it became very apparent earlier this week on my commute into work. No, I do not drive the Delorian and work in the year 1943. This picture was taken just yesterday.
There are two unfortunate things about this: I did not get to snap the picture during the morning or evening "rush hour" commutes when Mr. Malcom himself sits proudly in the back of the truck waving an American flag. Secondly, it's a shame that I do not live in Oconee County. If I did, I would certainly cast my vote for him because he's got a sweet ride, and that's enough for me. I can only hope that Alan Jackson's "Little Man" is playing from the radio...

3 comments:

allison said...

I know the owner of this fire truck and was in youth group with the guy who is running for office. How crazy is that!!!! Sometimes I simply can't be more proud of my hometown folk.

Lindsey Oliver said...

Three different canidates have knocked on our front door in the last couple of evenings - I had no idea people still did door to door politicin' here in Dahlonega! Not to mention, we've had 3+ churches come knockin' as well.

Gotta love small towns.

Suzanna said...

I have so many things to say, but, because I went to high school with Tommy, and my dad's name will be somewhere on the same ticket come election day, I don't see that I'm in any position to be able to say much.
Heather, want to help us distribute campaign flyers tomorrow? I'm not kidding, we're coming down for the afternoon to help put them out--I'll swing by and pick you up! ;)