Thursday, January 22, 2009

5 for 5

(And now I'm thinking Arby's.)

A few days ago, Ashley, tagged me in a fun picture game and I was saving this blog posting for just the right moment. It so happens that "the right moment" is when I am putting off writing my paper that I must turn in before I leave town tomorrow morning. So the deal is, I am supposed to post the 5th picture in my 5th folder, tell a story about the picture and then tag 5 friends to do the same. Fact: I don't believe in organizing my pictures into folders. Odd, right considering I'm one of the most Type A people you'll ever meet. Maybe this means I'm not so Type A after all. Whatever. So instead I'm just posting the 5th picture that I have saved in my documents on my work computer, and here it is...

Don't try this at home, kids! Way back in the day, I went with my friend Audrey to Steamboat Springs and this is at a buffalo ranch. Duh. Her family knows the family who works the ranch so we went out one evening for a rip-roaring good time of dominoes and spaghetti with (buffalo) meatballs. The buffalo in the picture is AnnaBelle and of course she has a story. She was a twin and apparently it's rare to have buffalo twins. Turns out, AnnaBelle was the runt so mama buffalo devoted her time to the healthier one, (it's nature people, no tears please) which means that AnnaBelle wouldn't have made it were it not for Roy the Rancher. He bottle fed her and raised her from a baby to a grown up. What are baby buffaloes called? Well, she was actually only a couple of years old in this picture. She grazes in the pasture with the other buffaloes, but all Roy has to do is whistle and call for her and she comes running over to the fence. I considered informing her that she isn't a dog but thought better of it when my fingers were at the mercy of her ginormous teeth.

So, I'm tagging the following folks to play along: Suzanna because I can't remember what she or Caroline looks like, Angel because with 3 baby girls she's got to have some good pictures, Donna because she said it herself that she has reached a blogging low in the lack of pictures, Jenny because maybe just maybe her 5th folder is her cake decorating folder and I can live vicariously through her mad icing skills, and Michele because she like myself has always got her camera ready.

1 comment:

Em O-W said...

c'mon, was the rancher really named roy???