Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sigh...

I just read today's headlines and I'll be honest - I'm a little depressed. Misery loves company so guess what...you're all invited to my pity party.

The Iraqi Shoe Thrower got a monument in his honor today in Tikrit. I find it slightly interesting that were it not for "George W. Bush's War" this journalist would have never had the freedom to show such disrespect to another individual in public. While this journalist isn't exactly "in the clear" in terms of punishment, he's being hailed as a bit of a hero among Iraqi's.

Meanwhile, our heroes have a suicide rate that is at a 30-year high. News Flash: These men and women do not have an easy job. Yet they do it anyway.

Speaking of suicide, apparently it's all the rage these days among the unemployed and even those who just recently got their jobs back. I understand that times are tough and families feel like they are at the end of their rope however I'm really having a hard time with this. Maybe it's because my own family has lived through some very dark financial days, but that's just it - we lived through them. We made it. It wasn't easy, but good grief, we had each other which is worth more than anything else on this earth.

And just when you think that things can't possibly get any worse, it has been reported that Jessica Simpson is getting fat. At least things are looking up for some folks. (sorry...I was becoming far too much of a Debbie Downer...I had to lighten up just a bit)

Times are tough. Obviously. It's getting crazier. Obviously. It could get much worse. Realistically. I could say things like "time ain't gonna' stand much longer" and all of those other Doomsday type predictions, but would that really be helping the situation any? Nope - not one little bit. So I'm just going to be thankful for what I have. And try to be patient with others as I don't know what they are experiencing right now. And pray. We've got to just to make it today.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Well, the good news is that the Iraqi police made the orphanage (the ORPHANAGE!!) who had the statue up take it down. :)

Maggie said...

Love the video link!