Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And now for the completely prosaic explanation...

Remember the thrilling start to my week on Monday? Well, a few of you have been curious as to what happened. No, I do not work on a major fault line that shifted. As far as I know, leprechauns were not celebrating St. Patty's Day early. My puppy hasn't the foggiest idea where my office is located. The explanation is actually very anti-climatic. In fact, many of you are going to be let down. Ready? The carpet was replaced. Yep...that's all folks. Maybe you are wondering why I did not take the time to pack my belongings because obviously everything has to be moved out of a room that is getting new carpet. Here's why: We were notified via email on Tuesday afternoon that the carpet would be replaced on Wednesday. I was not at work. But I really wasn't concerned because the email indicated that the only thing we needed to do was pick our stuff up that was on the floor. I had about 3 things on the floor...nothing of importance. I think that it's safe to say that carpet layers do not have the same vocational skills and abilities that movers do.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Now that we know the real story, could you make up one, too?