Monday, January 5, 2009

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

I haven't worked since last year. (Yes, I'm the moron who is silly and says that.) And as silly as it might sound, I was actually looking forward to getting back to work this morning. While I loved my 2.5 week long vay-cay and all the things that went along with it, deep down I'm a girl who needs some structure in my life, and I was anxious to get back to my little routine. When I left my workspace on December 18, 2008 it looked very much like this...Except the monitors and light was turned off because I'm all about energy efficiency. It turns out that my little closet collapse last night was just a prelude to what this morning would bring because look what I came face to face with at 7:50 this morning... I especially like how my right-side monitor is smashed flat between notebooks. And don't even get me started on that chair. The chair in the picture is not mine. My chair is one of the top 5 reasons why I go to work each day...it's just that great. Maybe someday soon I'll tell you all the story about how I went on a mission and rescued it from a faculty member's office just a couple of hours ago, but I'm too tired to talk about it now.

4 comments:

Angel said...

Heather!!! What in the world?!? It looks like your desk either got robbed or someone very messy camped out while you were gone. I'm so sorry...but I'm sure it's already figured out, and your desk is already on its way to normal...

Unknown said...

HP - WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED? Did a college student take-over your desk while you were gone - this is crazy!

allison said...

I don't understand what happened. The shelf didn't fall there too did it? Was this someone's idea of a prank!!!??? Explaination needed please.

Jenny said...

Yes, please tell me whose head I need to come bust up on.