Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Fellow Americans

In the spirit of the Democratic National Convention this week and the Republican National Convention next week I am going to talk politics for just a moment. Ok, that's a big fat fib. I generally do not "talk politics" because I don't know enough about the subject matter to make intelligent conversation. And I'm all about intelligent conversation. Yes, I realize that it is my responsibility as a citizen of this great nation to be informed and educated about the leaders, or potential leaders, of it and do my part to ensure that these individuals are in office. In my next 30 years I promise to do a better job of this. (I've been learning from the pros.) But since I cannot contribute anything of great depth at this time I have pulled some pictures from the archives to share with you in the spirit of the political season. The first is from a conference in Little Rock last year:The primary give away that we were not posing with the real Bill Clinton is that both of his hands are visible. While in Little Rock we had the opportunity to visit the Clinton Library and of course we made a trip the gift shop downtown as well. While there I bought the best souvenir in the place...A magnet, of Nixon and Elvis, that looks just like this:November 4, 2008. Be There or Be Square. And despite what Huey Lewis says, it is not hip to be square.

No comments: