Saturday, October 4, 2008

Argyle and Corduroy

Today my friend, Emily, and I went shopping in the booming metropolis that is Commerce, GA. Ok so it's not really booming nor is it a metropolis, but Banana Republic, GAP, and J.Crew can all be found there. And what more does a girl require to satisfy her retail wants and needs other than those three? Nine West? Good news, there is one of those too. Now I like to think I'm a pretty fashion-conscious girl. At least I hope I am after I vowed years ago to not get stuck in a fashion rut and continue to wear the same styles that I wore in college when I'm 40. Apparently though I have been living under a rock and missed out on all the fall fashion trend alerts for 2008. Everywhere we went, the stores were full of argyle and corduroy. But if it can be bought at the aforementioned stores then it's got to be cool, right? At first I thought, "Really? Colored corduroy pants? Argyle sweaters and socks? Does this mean I'm going to have to wear wool skirts with box pleats and Weejuns from Bass, too?" As we continued to shop the strangest thing happened though...I decided that I really liked some of them. Those marketing people are geniuses. I found the greatest argyle sweater at J.Crew that would have been so pretty with winter white pants, but then I remembered that I had a dog. And a tendency to spill my chocolate milk most mornings on my way out the door. So I decided against that purchase and will hold out for another great argyle find. I believe that I have mentioned previously that the two dominant colors in my life are green and brown. Well, today I was determined to diversify my wardrobe. After getting home and taking stock of my new inventory I discovered I didn't do such a great job...Different shades of green counts as diversification, right? I think that I really stepped out with the gray pants and off-white sweater also. Before I go any further I know that my dear gal pals are probably cringing at the sight of my new green pants but I promise they aren't chartreuse in real life...they are much more muted and moss-like. And now for the best part...this stuff was on-sale in a big way. There is nothing like a good sale to make one's shopping experience even more enjoyable. In completely unrelated news, Cash learned a new trick...Now that he is 5 months old it's time he start pulling his weight around the house by doing the dishes. Even though it's impossible tell from this picture he was standing on his hind legs at the kitchen sink when it was taken. Sometimes I forget that this puppy...looked like this not even 4 months ago...

Personally I'm glad that his front legs have grown in since this picture was taken.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Apparently I've never told you about my love for corduroy. I absolutely love it and am waiting for a pair of pants that fit well. And, I also bought an argyle cardigan last weekend (on sale) and love it. But I've had argyle socks for some time now. Perhaps I just really like argyle, too.

Maggie said...

HP, 1. you need to take me shopping, and 2. Cash is SO handsome!