Monday, October 20, 2008

I Clicked My Heels Three Times...

And I'm still here in Georgia's 2nd oldest city. Speaking of heels, I had huge issues in footwear before leaving home...
Please note that while this carpet is lovely, it's not the carpet at my apartment. I took this picture at the hotel. Why in the world do I need 7 pairs of shoes for a 3 day trip? When I first became a working girl with income, I traveled all the time. I was gone so much and became so good at packing that I could pack for an entire week in about 20 minutes flat carrying no more than 3 pairs of shoes. Not so much the case for this little measly trip. Now don't get me wrong...there is no such thing as a girl having too many shoes, but even I think it's a little overkill this time. Interestingly enough I have worn every single pair in a matter of 3 days. It's nice to have options. While it's been mostly work with me serving on a couple of committees and making presentations and even attending a session or two, we (my co-workers and I...not me and my multiple personalities) have managed to incorporate some play into the mix...
I'll be honest - I'm not sure why the theme of the association dinner was patriotic in nature instead of us all gathering around to watch The Legend of Bagger Vance in our white painter coveralls considering we were in Augusta and all. Maybe because it's an election year? Or maybe it's just because we're all proud to be Americans. Yes. That's it. But no worries all you golf fans, I did run into some old friends and manage to work in a quick round (is that the right lingo?) of golf...

Likely story considering the course. In reality it's more like I'm still reminiscing about all the fun that I had in the wax museum in Vegas last year. One of the reasons why it's been such a fun few days is because I have am blessed to have such great co-workers. I worked with these folks on a daily basis for about 3 years before I moved to another campus.
Now I only get to see them about once a week, but that's ok because I have the best of both worlds with great co-workers at The OC too. But I'll talk about them another day.


There's no place like home. There's no place like home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. I like all your shoes, but I REALLY like the moccasins (sp?) because they are cute and look SO COMFORTABLE. I am quite a fan of the red ones, too! I am pretty impressed that you wore them all on your trip... that's talent.

Suzanna said...

I missed this post until just now. I am impressed that you wore all seven pairs too. What, did you carry an extra pair or two in your purse and switch them out every couple of hours?