Monday, March 9, 2009

It's the End of the World as We Know It.

The following two pictures documents three signs that can only mean one thing: "time ain't gonna' stand much longer." [Thank you Southern elders for allowing me to use that phrase in my blog.] Tonight Beth and I stopped by Target after a fabulous birthday dinner because her husband decided that they would host a party at their house that would require invitations to go out tomorrow. Nevermind the fact that she owns a stationary business...we're working against a timeline so bring on the laser printer. On the way into the store we stumbled across this... iceberg which happens to be sign number 1. There is definitely something awry when today's high in Athens was 77 degrees, I'm wearing flip-flops and there are huge chunks of ice on the ground from last week's freak snow storm. Sign number 2 is also in this picture: The fact that I wore these pants all day long without being arrested by the fashion police. Apparently the recession and Georgia's above average unemployment rate has caused people to lose sight of the important things in life like how I look when I dwell amongst the citizenry.

Just when I thought that conditions could not get any worse, we actually entered the store. There at the end of the make-up aisle in primo display position was this...We have certainly entered into some desperate and dark times when today's trendsetters are wearing colors such as "Lime Alive" and "Turquoise Tempest" and "Indigo Impact" across their eyelids. At least Jesus will be able to spot them when he comes back.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I totally stomped around in the same snow at the same Target with Z...maybe even on the same day! We have almost collided twice now! It was meant to be. You must, indeed, be Z's newest babysitter. So then I will see you tomorrow at 4pm, okay?