Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thirty Thoughts


  1. I remember when my mom turned 30. She was ancient...how mortifying to have an ancient mother. How dumb I once was.
  2. I'm so thankful that I do not currently have an 8 year-old walking around talking about how old her mother is while I fix her lunch and do her laundry and cart her around to ballet lessons.
  3. In the event that I ever do have an 8 year-old I refuse to think about how old I will be by the time that day comes. Interesting...I just used a thought on something that I refuse to think about.
  4. I know that it's grammatically incorrect to end a sentence with a preposition, but it's my birthday, I'll use poor grammar if I want to.
  5. There have been some ideas in life that I should have given up on long before I did.
  6. There are others that I should have waited a little longer on before throwing in the towel.
  7. I guess that's the beauty of free will.
  8. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to be blessed with such great people in my life. I think it's more than sheer coincidence that my friends are the funniest, smartest, wittiest people in the world.
  9. I get bored with people who aren't funny, smart, and witty.
  10. Yet I'm easily entertained by simple things in life.
  11. I guess that makes me somewhat of a paradox.
  12. Yesterday I wore my Academic Bowl t-shirt from the 6th grade (1991). I'm not really sure what that says about me, but I think it's pretty awesome that I can still fit into something that I wore when I was 12.
  13. I've determined that this will be the year that I finally attain smoking hot legs. Or at least smoking hot legs for someone who is 30.
  14. My dog has taught me so much about unconditional love and happiness in the short time that I've had him. I wish I could be more like him (minus the rolling around in the grass and eating gross things traits)
  15. I worry much less than I used to. It's true. At this rate, by the time I'm 35 I'll be worry free. Hey...a girl can dream, can't she?
  16. I should be out running instead of blogging if I'm really going to run 3 half-marathons this year.
  17. I think I'm off my rocker for running 3 half-marathons in an 8 month period. Thank goodness San Antonio is a flat course!
  18. My creativity is obviously waning in my old age because I'm really struggling to come up with 30 thoughts.
  19. There are few things better than an unexpected phone call from a friend that you haven't talked to in nearly a year.
  20. When I was in college I thought that I would surely have life figured out by the time I was 30.
  21. Now I think it's silly to even try because I'm learning that the older I get the less I know.
  22. 30 is the new 25.
  23. I don't really know what 30 feels like, but I'm pretty sure that I don't feel it.
  24. Sometimes denial is the state that I prefer to live in. (see #23)
  25. I think that I was silly when I swore that I would never dye my hair. The day that I find 3 gray hairs is the day I call Chala at Republic to mix up some color just for me at the color bar.
  26. I really should cook more actual meals. This means that I will have to start eating leftovers as long as I'm cooking for one, but I'm 30 now so it's time I get over my weird food quirks.
  27. I've decided that I will really come to love Athens once I leave this town. With any luck that will be sometime before I reach another milestone decade birthday.
  28. I love my memory. And my hair. It took many years to be able to love these frizzy, unruly, Carrot Top-like locks.
  29. I find it astounding that I can clearly remember things from 25 years ago. That's a quarter of a century, people.
  30. I think I'm a pretty lucky girl to have this life that God has given me.

1 comment:

Angel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm pretty sure I can come up with 30 reasons why you're one of the best frieds I've ever had....

One of them (and I'm pretty sure it would be on Letterman's top 10):

She won't eat sour cream everybody, but she will eat snow cream.

love you and i hope you're enjoying tonight wherever you are.