Friday, March 13, 2009

Warm and fuzzy generally makes me itch.

Earlier today I was all set to write about last night's episode of The Office. Because nothing says absolutely hilarious quite like Stanley when he said to Michael: "I've got a golden ticket idea. Why don't you skip on up to the roof and jump off?" The world would be a better place if every office had a Stanley working in it. However plans changed after my dog robbed me blind of my PBH (peanut butter & honey sandwich), but more on that in another post.

Blame it on Friday the 13th, blame it on the new Facebook layout, blame it on the looming rain, but I ended up watching Oprah this afternoon. I never, ever watch Oprah because I believe she uses her power for evil, but according to the guide the founder of Facebook was on the show this afternoon, and if anyone could provide me with the tutorial that I needed to understand what was happening with this new layout, it was the 24 year-old brainiac billionaire that is Mark Zuckerberg. [That is quite possibly the longest run-on sentence I have ever written. Sorry grammar police.] After he failed to explain his rationale for changing things up and totally throwing us non-Millennials for a loop, I continued to watch because it's hard to break the spell of the anti-Christ. [I love the First Amendment.] Not to mention the fact that I was absolutely roped in when she announced that John Rendall and Ace Bourke would be on the last segment.

I'm pretty sure that everyone in the world including the women at the YFZ ranch has seen the YouTube clip of Christian the Lion. If not, thanks to the power of modern day technology you can watch it right here. Right now.

Ok, perhaps I should have warned you first-timers that Whitney Houston would be serenading you throughout the whole happy reunion, yet were it not for her, the warm-fuzzy feeling that the clip evokes would be a little lukewarm. But we can all use a little warm and fuzzy in our lives at some point in time. Even if it reminds you of the Christmas sweater that your grandma gave you back in 1993.

1 comment:

The Tooles said...

Good to hear from you Heather..or HP=) We are doing well out here in Missouri and I am enjoying being a stay at home mom now. I would like to say "Ditto" on your remarks about The Office (and Oprah for that matter). It is the only show Justin and I make a point to sit down and watch...got to love that dry, awkward humor! Take Care.