Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Soundtrack.

Have I ever mentioned that when I'm in my car I constantly scan the stations for a sweet beat? Well, I do. It's either that or send text messages, and we all know how that got ixnayed during the last legislative session. I'm completely bored with creating this week's list already which is a bad sign since I haven't even begun yet. Here goes nothing...

Heartless by Kanye West. Ok, before you go all Taylor Swift supporter on me, is the recent radio version a little bit different than the original? A remix of some sort? Or have I just never really listened closely enough because I was too busy changing the station? It seems to me that there is a little bit of a bass line [look at me trying to use musical terms that are probably out of context] that reminds me of a Phil Collins' song? Speaking of which...

In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins. How in the sam hill did I leave Phil out of my tribute to the English last week? Please forgive me. I'm a fan indeed. This song makes me want to date a drummer. A cool, rock and roll drummer with an edgy wardrobe and tattoos. Not a drum major drummer.

In Color by Jamey Johnson. I don't know why I love this song, but I do. You should too. If it doesn't make you want to go and listen to your grandpa ramble on about his youth then nothing will.

I'm Not Afraid by Eminem. Shady's back, folks. Maybe he never left for some of you, but in the event that he did please just roll with his return. I've certainly chosen to do so.

Take It Off by Ke$ha. Yes, she's ridiculous. Nonetheless this song just makes me want to go to the nearest discotechque and dance the night away. Likely though, I'll just continue to move my shoulders back in the forth as I'm driving down the road. It's hip to be square.

All These Things That I've Done by The Killers. I had kind of forgotten about this song, but it was on the radio yesterday on my way home so I called for a temporary cease scan. I got soul but I'm not a soldieeeeeeeeeeerrr. Isn't that part of the song exceptionally fun to sing along with? And while we're taking it back to 2006...

Heart in a Cage by The Strokes. It's only fitting that I feature this one since I've been jonesing for an edgy drummer for at least 30 minutes now.

Seven Spanish Angels by Willie & Ray. If you don't know who Willie and Ray are by first name alone please know that you have my deepest sympathies. Can anyone out there give me a good reason why Willie cut his braids? Granted, I can only imagine the things growing in those braids. I'm sure there's a hair dresser in the world somewhere though who needs the work and will gladly maintain those things. Especially if ol' Willie offers said hair dresser a little something else that happens to be growing...in his aquarium....on his tour bus.

Seven Bridges Road -The Eagles version. I've never known a toe not to tap anytime this song is playing. If you think this selection of songs is completely random, you obviously haven't heard my CD that has a little Third Day mixed in between Nine Inch Nails and Dr. Dre.

Where We Belong by Hillsong. Not to be confused with Up Where We Belong as performed by Joe Cocker [Snaps to Joe for somehow managing to make it into my list for the 3rd week in a row] and Jennifer Warnes. For a little Ragamuffin like me this song serves as a mighty tall reminder that I'm covered in grace and love. Every single minute of every single day. Until the seven Spanish angels carry me home. Where I belong.

You stay classy, blogosphere.

No comments: