Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Things That Me Go "Hmmm".

We all have them. Here is a sampling of my current ones.

The song "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry. Have y'all heard it? It's bizarre. The video? Bizarre. The fact that I made a point of discussing it? Bizarre.

Jeggings. I sent a text to my pal Val this weekend that said something to the effect of "I believe that I will be the owner of jeggings before it's all said and done." Sigh. Even though I am of the whole honey-just-because-they-make-it-in-your-size-doesn't-mean-you-should-wear-it belief, I think it's just going to be easier this season if I embrace the trend and get some jeggings to wear with my UGGs and cowboy boots as opposed to my skinny jeans. Primarily because the skinny jeans in my closet are no longer skinny enough. I suppose I could opt for chocolate chip cookies instead.

How my personal email account is sending random spam emails to folks in my address book. If you have fallen victim, yeah...well...sorry. Whatever you do, don't click on the link because you and I both will probably explode or even worse, cause a breach of security that will make bank systems fail worldwide. [Looks like someone watched a few too many cop dramas over the long weekend.]

My ability to waste time. I don't know how I do it, but I'm a champ.

Cash, the Wonder Lab's bottom front teeth. They are tiny. Honestly, I thought he must have broken them chewing on a bone or something. As it turns out, they are his puppy teeth. He was born without permanent bottom teeth. It looks great with his graying face. I should mention that he's 2. What a pedigree.

Ke$ha.

Inception. Seriously, my brain hurt after I watched it this weekend.

The latest fall fashion trend of blinged out camo. I wish I were kidding. I'm no Jaclyn Smith, but it seems to me that one could simply create this style at home and save mega-bucks if you just get a large camo t-shirt (the one in your husband's closet will suffice), get the bedazzler down from the attic, go a little crazy with the fake jewels from Hobby Lobby, and cinch the finished project with a belt.

And last but not least...
My personal thoughts on how stick figure families on the back glass of cars provide a perfect way for the kidnappers to inventory children aside, do these people really have 13 dogs? Hmmm.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I just love your blog! All of those things make me go "Hmmmmm"
I do have my jeggings ready for fall!
But bedazzled camo...eeeeek!!!! Might have to pass on that one!

HP's Pal Val said...

Note to my fashion-forward friend... I tried on a pair of jeggings today at lunch. Pretty sure I'm going to have to own a pair, too. Why wouldn't a girl want to own something that's in style and feels like wearing pajamas? Let's face it, it beats the running shorts we wore to Wal-mart every. day. of. our. lives. in Dahlonega :)!

MB Shaw said...

ha ha ha- Derek shares your same sentiment about the stick-on families ont he backs of cars. "Hello child molester- we've got lots of options for you at this house!" Sorry to offend anyone with those stickers, I'm just sayin'...