Saturday, December 27, 2008

Lucky Me

Remember how when we were kids there was nothing worse than the day after Christmas let down? Or am I the only one who ever experienced this? When I was a child, for weeks leading up to Christmas I would study the JC Penney and Sears Wishbooks like they contained the answers to life's most difficult questions. Then finally the much anticipated day arrived only to result in a major let down on the 26th because the excitement over getting all the stuff was gone now that I had it. Hmm...mark of an only child? Perhaps.

Well, I've decided that the coping mechanism of choice to combat this in adulthood is going shopping on the day after Christmas. Why not go out and get some more stuff at mega-sale prices? Because if you're anything like me, you really need some more stuff. If for no other reason but to add to your concern that if you hang one more piece of clothing on the left side of your closet it will finally be the breaking point that results in the whole shelf falling off the wall because it just can't take anymore weight on it. What can I say? I like adventure.

This afternoon, mom, the boys, and I headed out to the mall in search of deals. Actually I think Ethan was in search of girls because he had plans to meet up with some of his buddies and the last time I checked the Haley and Jordan his crew runs around with is not Haley Joel Osment and Jordan Knight. Micah was oh so thrilled because what 10 year old boy wouldn't want to go the mall on the day after Christmas when he has a brand new Wii to play with at home?

In my never ending quest to find the perfect pair of jeans, I stumbled across a pair of Lucky Brand jeans in Macy's that I loved. Of course they weren't on sale so I hid them for later just in case I decided to use a major chunk of my Christmas change. I forgot about the Lucky Brand store at North Point though and much to my surprise when we walked by I saw that they were having their twice yearly sale. Everything was 50% off. It was my lucky day, indeed! Is it a problem that I get this excited about getting jeans at such a good deal? Probably. Which is why I won't mention the $110 dollars I saved at Macy's on the unmentionables that I got there.

1 comment:

Josh and Donna said...

oh i love lucky jeans, yay on the sale! and i much enjoyed your kind post, the ode to our friendship. :o)