Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Reunited and It Feels So Good

Yes, I realize that back in the day Peaches and Herb was not crooning about the reunion of 3 college friends over dinner one night at a Chili's after a 2 1/2 year separation, but this specific line is fitting for such nonetheless. You see, my friend Christie who hails from the land of pasta and Prada (at least for 3 years of her life anyway) is in town with her husband for Christmas so my friend, Donna worked to coordinate a little dinner gathering. And oh what a fun time it was! Who knew that 4 hours in Chili's could be so enjoyable? Who knew that we would spend a large fraction of that time looking at the menu trying to decide what we would have? While I managed to scarf down my mini-burgers without a second thought, the meal was not the part that I enjoyed the most. It was the comfort of time spent with old friends. Even though so much has changed for all three of us since we last spent time together, one thing that has not changed is the ease in which we could talk and laugh with each other. I believe that the ability to do this is the mark of true friendship. Friends like these two are a rarity. I don't see them everyday. I don't talk or even email with either one on a regular basis. But it doesn't mean that I don't think of them or pray for them and I know that they do the same for me as well. Although times like our dinner last night cannot be wrapped up and put under a tree, they are some of the best gifts that I will receive this season. Thanks for the fun, friends. I'm already looking forward to next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved our time together! What fun it is to catch up with great friends!