Monday, December 15, 2008

O Christmas Tree

When it comes to Christmas trees, I'm very much a traditionalist. I prefer real trees of the frazier fir descent donned with clear lights and coordinated ornaments. (not that I'm Type A or anything). However, I have not had a Christmas tree at my apartment since I've lived by myself. In Dahlonega there was no room whatsoever in my little studio apartment for cats, me, and a tree. Last year, I was Ebenezer Scrooge incarnate and did not take out the first Christmas decoration. I later regretted that decision so I determined that I would definitely decorate this year. That decision was made pre-puppy. The past few weeks have been really busy so honestly I had not really thought too much about getting a tree and with Thanksgiving coming a week later than usual this year, time has definitely gotten away from me. I really need that missing week back for things like Christmas cards and decorating. Yesterday after church I went into Michael's to look for frames and I decided to do a drive by the Christmas stuff because I really wanted to put something out at my apartment. What to my wandering eyes did appear but quite possibly the ugliest, cheapest Christmas tree ever. I knew immediately that I had to make it my own. And one trip down the ornament aisle at Target later, this is what the finished product looks like... And actually I really like it. It's different and a little funky but I'm the girl who rocked a zebra print formal in college so I can totally rock a $14.00 lime green tinsel Christmas tree, right? I was a little nervous about how Cash would handle the temporary addition, but so far he's been nothing short of an angel...
Right. At first, he tried to convince me that he didn't even know it was there by appearing beside it as a statue...
But then the temptation became too much and it's been downhill since...

So far he's managed to get 4 glass ornaments off of the tree before I could stop him, but fortunately he's a Lab and supposedly Labs are known to carry things very gently in their mouths. Must be true because none have been broken. Yet.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I LOVE IT! And Cash needed a Christmas experience...what a cutie by the tree! Oh, and too...it is so you!

Josh and Donna said...

it's precious! lovin' the tree.

Lindsey Oliver said...

I LOVE your tree! Cash is so adorable.

Laurie said...

I got my daughter Annaleigh the pink one for her room. She loves it...and I love yours too! Happy Holidays!