Monday, December 22, 2008

No Princess Paper After All

Earlier this year I had decided that I would not buy new wrapping paper until I had used all the Christmas wrapping paper that I have accumulated over the years. It's the practical thing to do considering this is just paper that gets torn to shreds in a matter of seconds anyway. Besides I thought it would be absolutely hilarious to wrap the boys' gifts in Disney Princess paper. But then I had second thoughts and decided that I would not be responsible for future decisions or future therapy bills that might result from an innocent little Christmas joke. I was in Target last night picking up a couple of last minute things when I walked past the Christmas stuff and decided to just look at the wrapping paper. And then it became my mission to coordinate gift wrap with my trendy little tree at home... In other news, I was on my way to pick up my dry cleaning this afternoon when I had a Santa sighting. I let him into traffic as he was pulling out of the liquor store parking lot. I suspect that his reason for hitting the bottle has nothing to do with the 8 tiny reindeer and the elves in the workshop or the countless requests for Wii's or xBox 360's from children all over the world. He probably just has a puppy at his house to contend with too...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HP - does cash have a different collar for each day of the year? I love the paper! It's very fitting with tht trendy tree!
M

Jenny said...

I like your paper, too! Last year I was mad at Target b/c I couldn't find ANY paper with the word Christmas on it. But this year, I was pleasantly surprised to find a giant roll of super cute paper that said "Merry Christmas" on it. It was my favorite this year.