Saturday, November 8, 2008

I Saw God Today

Here I sit on a Saturday night and I've been up since 4:50 this morning for fall Open House at the GC after a very long week. It goes without saying that I am tired. But I'm also very content because this afternoon I went to the place that I have missed so much here lately...Dahlonega. After a couple of hours there, I met my family at Amicolola Falls and here are just a few snapshots of this oh so pretty world that we live in... Now if I were a good photographer instead of just a girl who points her camera at something kind of cool looking and presses a button, I would have gotten the trees in this picture also instead of just their reflection in the pond. There really is something about the trees in the fall that I just love... I guess it's all of the vibrant color combinations. I can never get enough of them...And notice the Blue Ridge mountains in the background. It wasn't until I returned home from the Rocky Mountains in Colorado that I could see the "blueness" of the mountains here. Now every time I look at them, I think to myself how it really does look like a ridge of blue meeting the horizon. Told you that I can never get enough. I decided that less is more in terms of sharing my pictures with the blogoshpere though so be thankful that you've been spared from viewing the entire photo shoot. One of the things that I love about the mountains in the fall is that I am so captivated with the beauty of everything about them. When I truly take the time to look around and take it all in, it's essentially a spiritual experience. It is here in these moments when I am reminded that God is in the details. He could have just as easily made it so that all of the green leaves would just die, turn straight to brown and wither away in a matter of days. Instead he gives us a beautiful back drop made of multiple colored leaves for enjoying and living everyday life. Even more amazing is that he is in the details of his entire creation and that includes us. We all have purpose and a reason why we are here, but he has made us unique in our own gifts and talents so that we all carry out our purpose in different ways. Imagine if he had given us all the ability to sing and none of us the ability to play an instrument. (Or if you are like me, he gave you neither.) While singing is nice without music and vice versa, put them together and whoa...incredible. Finally, as I sit here and look back through these pictures I remember that this is just a mere glimpse of what is to come. My cup runneth over.

No comments: