Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm It

I've never been tagged in the blogosphere until today, thanks to Lindsey! So the deal is for me to share 7 random things about myself, tag 7 blogging pals to do the same and in 7 days I'll get my check from Microsoft for $700,000. Ok, so I might have added the last part for effect. I can't promise that there won't be any overlap from last month's post where I shared more than anyone ever wanted to know about me, but I'll do my best. Here goes...

1. I have a ridiculous amount of shoes. 40 pairs in my closet, 1 pair that I'm wearing, and about 5 or 6 pairs under my bed. This is not information that I just know...I was organizing my closet earlier today and as I was trying to find a spot for them all, I took the liberty of counting my shoe blessings.

2. One of my goals in life is to own a red Volvo xc90 one day. Yes, it's a completely materialistic and superficial goal to have. I happen to have 1 or 2. Obviously I'm going to have to set my professional goals a bit higher to meet this one.

3. When I'm at the gym, I clean the workout equipment before using it as well as after using it. Apparently those 20/20 news specials about the MRSA bug made a lasting impression with me.

4. I love music and tend to get stuck listening to some of the same songs over and over for about a week or so. This week's most repeated are: Whatever You Like (TI), Womanizer (Britney...she's such a trainwreck - you know you shouldn't listen, but do it anyway), You're Beautiful (Phil Wickham), Already Gone (Sugarland), November Rain (Guns-N-Roses), Shattered (O.A.R.) and Mighty to Save (Hillsong). Let's just say that my iPod is a musical melting pot of sorts.

5. I had a false tooth for about a year when I was 5 because when I was a baby, I fell and chipped my tooth on a window sill. That was the last time my parents ever put sangria in my bottle. (just seeing if anyone is actually paying attention to what I write)

6. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I love the television show Reba. I can't stand Reba as a singer...that whole Does He Love you duet with Linda Davis kind of makes my skin crawl, but her tv show is absolutely hilarious.

7. My thumbs are double-jointed. And really there is no reason to share that kind of information unless I'm interviewing with the Circus to perform in a sideshow but I was all out of random things about myself for the day.

So now I'm supposed to tag 7 people and notify them by leaving a comment on their blog, but I don't have time to do that right now so hopefully they'll see this themselves. I'm tagging Suzanna and Maggie because we haven't heard from them in awhile and I'm of the belief that forced blogging is better than no blogging at all. Then I'm tagging Kate because well, she is a math teacher who surely has some spare time during her planning period to blog. Next is Amanda because she is my blogging pal who lives the farthest away. Then there are my blog followers: Chris and Merideth...it so happens that I follow their blogs too, just not formally. And finally Angel because I can think of nothing better that a mother of 3 between the ages of 1 month and 3 years has to do with her time. Come on everybody...join the fun!

5 comments:

Amanda L said...

I love Reba too do not be ashamed!

Lindsey Oliver said...

Hey Heather! Thanks for playing along. I have a cute, little story to send you, but just realized I don't have your email or a way to send it to you other than as a comment on your blog. Would you mind writing me at lindseypoliver@gmail, so I can share?

Thanks!

Josh and Donna said...

a. i listened to guns-n-roses november rain TODAY.

b. i worked w/ a parent who got a staph infection at the gym. keep on cleanin' girlfriend!

allison said...

Another way to avoid those nasty germs at the gym is to not go...and sangria, really? I think one of the funniest things I've read as a mom (from one of those famous "now your a mommy, here's what you do" books) is to not put liquor in a child's bottle, ever, not even to calm them. REALLY?! Cause I was just about to try it.

Angel said...

I'm just now reading this. If I hadn't scrolled down, I would have never read this...Hmmmm, okay...I'll get around to it...eventually. You know I'll do it...I LOVE stuff like this.