Thursday, November 20, 2008

Not Even Theme Music Will Help Me Now

I'm running the Atlanta Half-Marathon on Thanksgiving. That's exactly one week from today for those of you who are ignoring the mass quantities of frozen turkeys and canned cranberry sauce at the grocery store. I ran my first one earlier this year in March and after crossing the finish line and scarfing down a celebratory buffalo burger from Ted's I determined that I was good to run one half-marathon per year. So it makes perfect sense that I am lacing up my Saucony's for another one 8 months later.

I followed a pretty strict training regiment to prepare for the first one up until the last couple of weeks before it when my training turned to watching TV and eating cookies. For this one, I've followed a pretty strict training regiment too, but unfortunately it has more to do with housebreaking my puppy. Somehow I don't think multiple trips up and down the stairs with a dog in tow is really going to benefit me all that much at mile 10.

Am I mentally and physically prepared? Absolutely not. Am I going to get out there on Thursday morning with my fellow ATLiens and give it my best? Heck yes I am. Am I going to be thankful for the mylar blanket that will be handed to me upon crossing the finish line? You betcha.

1 comment:

Kate said...

My dad and one of my sisters are running this as well. I'll be thinking about you....