Friday, September 19, 2008

Arrrr!

The day so many (or 3) have been waiting for has finally arrived. It's International Talk Like a Pirate Day. And what better opportunity will I ever have to post this picture of me with a pirate poser? Personally, I find it so bizarre that days like this actually exist and people celebrate them, but what do I know? The answer to this question is "not much". And if you find no pleasure in talking like a pirate, then no fear...this is America where opportunity abounds and you too can declare a day for something nonsensical of your liking.

2 comments:

allison said...

What is that picture from?

HP said...

It's from a conference in Savannah that I went to last year. We were on a riverboat cruise, and I'm not really sure why there was a non-pirate, pirate on board. He was certainly no Jack Sparrow.