Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Staycation Is Here

So today was my last day of work until next Tuesday. A whole week off of work! Whatever will I do?!? This is only the 2nd time in my life that I have taken so many consecutive days off of work. It's not that I don't have the time to take. In reality I could not work for about the next 4.5 months and still have some leave left over. It's more that I enjoy my job so I kind of like being there and in the grand scheme of things I haven't been a professional working girl for all that long. Seven years is not a long time when I'm in a job that takes 10 years to become vested. And I'm really hoping that paisley vests are back in style if I'm still working there come 2011 because that's the kind of vest I want. I humor myself, if no one else. I digress. The truth is, I would rather be on the rocky shorelines of southern Maine: Or in a quaint little New England town turning my nose up at clam chowder:

(I would not like to have this larger than life hair though. I haven't developed the super power of keeping the wind from blowing yet.)
A foggy morning turned clear day in San Francisco is always a hit. I've made the trip twice so why not go again?

And nothing beats a redwood forest. Seriously. This is one of my favorite places in all of the world.

But Mt. Rainier runs a very close second...

I wonder how Annabelle the Buffalo is doing out in Colorado. I would like to see her again because it's been awhile. I like to think my posture has improved since this picture was taken...

Now that Celine is out and Bette is in, Vegas would be a nice option:
Oooh...now you're wondering if I'm being serious about wanting to see Bette aren't you? Keep pondering that while I think about paddling down the Potomac...But I'm on staycation and that means I'll be having fun around here. The good news is I never leave home without my camera so I'll be sure to photograph all the fun I have going to exotic places like Target and Barnes & Noble. I'm planning to have more fun than the law allows while avoiding the law, that is. I doubt that they would let me take pictures in jail and mugshots are always so unsightly.

PS...I'm not sure why some of my pictures have white borders around them. I saved them to my desktop from my shutterfly account so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm sure it aggravates me much more so than it does the 3 people reading this. I think I'm up to three readers now by the way!

5 comments:

Josh and Donna said...

yay! a staycation! you can staycation in hiawassee if you want. you can lay next to me on my bed and watch t.v. that's all i do besides go to work right now. :o)

allison said...

staycation.....guess traveling to NC would be against the rules of your staycation. i hope you enjoy it. relax. pamper yourself. enjoy!

Unknown said...

there are only 3 of us...gosh - i need to tell more people about your blog!!

Anonymous said...

4, Zakeri comma Michele!

So Heather... will staycation bring you to the beautiful, booming metropolis of Scanton?

Suzanna said...

What??? I didn't know about the staycation. I would have kidnapped you and brought you here or something. UGH! I guess it is over now, right?