Friday, September 5, 2008

Camoflouged Cash

Until yesterday I had managed to keep Cash from jumping onto my bed. Last night as I was going through my nightly beauty ritual (beauty ritual sounds much more interesting than "washing my face and brushing my teeth") I realized that I had left my bedroom door open. This is never smart because normally the pup seizes such an opportunity to parade himself into my room and paw my closet door open. Usually I lose a shoe or a sock in the battle that ensues because this girl gets diz-zee chasing a running puppy around a dining room table. I really hope that the Dog Whisperer reads my blog, takes mercy on my out of whack equilibrium and comes to save the day. Um, I think that I should be embarrassed that I just confessed to the blogosphere that I chase my dog around the kitchen table, but actually I'm going to chalk it up to half-marathon training. I digress.

So upon my realization that yet another pair of shoes was at risk, I darted (not really, more like sauntered) into my room only to discover this:
Perhaps he thought I wouldn't notice him since he is the same color as my comforter. (Have I mentioned that all things in my life are chocolate brown in color?) Too bad red isn't my accent color or he might have been able to pull it off. This was his response when I told him to get down a few minutes later:
Nope. He's not really asleep in this picture. He just closed his eyes as if to say "maybe she'll go away if I act all sweet and innocent and sleepy." Didn't work. He was quite alert by the time all 4 paws hit the floor. And then he slept like a little champ in his crate where all the good puppies sleep.

No comments: