Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Update

As a rule I try not to be a bore to the blogosphere by sharing the mundane details of my everyday life. Because let's be honest...I'm a girl with a routine and no one likes to read about how I wake up, take the dog out, drink Carnation Instant Breakfast, pry socks out of the dog's mouth, forget to put on mascara, and eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich on a daily basis. Today, however, I feel compelled to talk about my weekend. This means that if you or a loved one is currently suffering from insomnia, the remedy is right here. Sleepy-time tea will no longer be necessary for a good night's sleep.

Saturday started off dreary and drab. If that wasn't foreshadowing of how the day would end here in Bulldog Nation then I don't know what is. I had determined that I would spend my day working away diligently on school stuff but that got old after about 2 hours. Fortunately by then the sun was out so I did what any normal girl would do on a beautiful fall day: I went shopping. Well, I had to go pick up my contacts and since I was already so close to the mall it would have really been a shame not to stop by. Never mind the fact that I live approximately 1 mile from it. I really just intended to run into the GAP to get a new pair of jeans. First mistake. Never in my entire life have I just been able to run into a store and grab a pair of jeans. Especially the GAP, considering my love-hate relationship with their jeans over the years. I've determined it all depends upon what sweat shop they are sown in as to whether or not they will fit me well. My absolute favorite pair of casual jeans came from the GAP about 4 years ago. I really don't think I'm expecting too much by wanting that same exact pair of jeans just without the frayed edges now, but apparently that's not conducive to keeping with the trends. The next 3 hours of my life were devoted (wasted) to searching for the perfect pair of jeans. And it's pretty hard to spend 3 hours shopping in Athens because while this town is known for many things, great shopping is not one of them. In fact, I feel like I should get a concealed carry permit in the event I ever go to the mall at night. Much to my dismay I did not find the perfect pair of jeans. Maybe I just need to stop shopping in stores where the saleschildren refer to me as "ma'm". But I refuse to resort to Mom Jeans or anything of that nature. Maybe I'll consult the 3 magazines that I have at my apartment that all have the promise of helping women find the "perfect" pair of jeans on the covers. Maybe I'll just continue to wear the same wonderful pair that I love so much and just patch them with cool patches. Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow and find "the pair" at Georgia's retail mecca. Maybe I'll get a life and quit writing about jeans. My 3 hour shopping trip wasn't a complete waste, but personally I think it's a little ridiculous to spend that much time shopping only to come home with a bottle of nail polish. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I made it home in time to watch Alabama stomp the Clarke County Pee-Wee football team over at Sanford Stadium while I made my special recipe chocolate chip cookies for the family reunion on Sunday. Which brings me to my next topic...But that's going to have to wait for a few hours because I've got to get ready for class. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

allison said...

I can't believe you actually shop at that mall....We were also at the mall here in Raleigh on saturday. John kept pointing out clothes and asking if I wanted to buy that, but I couldn't find anything I wanted...shopping isn't any fun.