Monday, September 22, 2008

What's A Girl To Do?

Grey's Anatomy or The Office. I have less than 72 hours to decide and quite frankly, I'm having trouble. It's almost enough to take the easy route by calling Charter to get DVR. But then I remember it's just TV and I have better things to do with my time. Like write papers for class and walk my dog and nap and act like I'm training for a half-marathon. So I must choose. Because after all, life is made up of a series of decisions and it's the real important ones such as this that will really chart the course for the rest of my life. (insert eye roll here)

I feel this loyalty and allegiance to Grey's because I've been with it since the beginning. Back when Meredith proved just how much of a lady she is by hooking up with a random man in the bar who we all now know and love as McDreamy. Sure, I cried a couple of seasons ago when Denny died just after proposing to Izzy and she went running down the hallway of the hospital in her prom dress with that Snow Patrol song playing in the background. (Nevermind the fact that she was responsible for his death.) But honestly, I'm over the drama. How many times will Mer and Der break up only to make up? How many more combinations of intern/resident/attending relations will the writers come up with? How many more STD's will be contracted in the process? And these people are supposed to be medical professionals.

Whatever happened to good and wholesome prime time television like Dallas and Dynasty? Er...I mean The Cosby Show and Family Ties. Now that was some good Thursday night television. I was always so conflicted on Skate Night (when the local skating rink would open up one Thursday night a month for my elementary school only) because I hated missing "my programs". Alex P. Keaton was so dreamy. Fortunately we had a VCR so I never really missed an episode, I just watched it a day later. I digress. Back to the current matter at hand...

The Office. What's not to love about The Office? The wit and humor is terrific. I believe that all TV couples should be like Jim and Pam. Everyone needs a Stanley in their office. I could go on and on, but it's 11:24 pm and I have better things to do with my time. Like go to bed.

Which one will you all choose? I'm curious. Because everybody who is anybody will be watching one of these two shows on Thursday night. Not really...Survivor watchers are somebodies too.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

OK, I'm choosing The Office. I have tried to stay away from Grey's from the beginning because of its deplorable content. I watched it a couple of times and almost became addicted. So, I had to be cut and dry o nit. Not that The Office is all clean and squeaky. But, seriously, I have enough real-life drama; I don't want to add anymore to it through fake lives. The Office it is! But that's just my opinion.

Kristin Brannan Wilson said...

I probably would choose The Office...although I am a huge advocate for DVR...i love it! Grey's has gotten a little trashy...but I still watch it and love both in such different ways! Good luck deciding!

A Cincy Mama said...

I've never watched The Office regularly, although the humor is right up C's alley and it makes me laugh to see/hear him laugh at their antics. I got hooked on Grey's the second season and laughed hysterically over Miranda's "va-jay-jay" order. That said, it's left me with an "ick" feeling more than once...and I think my Grey days are over, especially considering the turn various storylines have taken (callie and erica? blech). On another note, DVR is fabulously wonderful and has spoiled me completely...do it! do it!

A Cincy Mama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MB Shaw said...

Girl, get yourself a DVR...it will change your life! Think of all the time you will you will save skipping those commercials!!

Anonymous said...

I think that ABC used to re-air the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy on Friday nights, which always helped me with the dilemma. And, I think both Grey's and The Office are available online. Not the same thing, but at least you can still get your fix.

allison said...

The Office for sure! Though, I've never watched an episode of Grey's. It's just never grabbed my interest.

Josh and Donna said...

it's not even a choice to think about heather. THE OFFICE. duh.

Maggie said...

Or you could be like me, cut Thursday tv all together and watch "America's Next Top Model" on Wednesdays. I know, I just admitted it, but whatever.

Brittany said...

I have the same issue. my solution?? Watch the office (because my bf hates having to watch Grey's) on Thursday, and then I watch Grey's on my computer the next day. You can watch all episodes for free the next day on abc.com. Problem solved??