Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cash, the Privileged Puppy

It's Christmas morning!...in the eyes of a puppy, anyway. But in reality this was taken just yesterday. And these aren't brand new toys at all. They are from the local Goodwill. And here's what happened next: This little duck lasted all of 10 minutes which totally enabled me to rid myself of any guilt that I was carrying around about buying stuffed animals from Goodwill for my dog to essentially destroy when there may be less advantaged kiddos who really want some stuffed animals. He does not discriminate between the $1 Goodwill animals or the $9 pet store animals so what would Dave Ramsey do? Ok, Dave Ramsey probably wouldn't have paid for a dog in the first place so never mind. After the duck hunt, he proceeded to try his luck with the bear:And the frog:And then he did is best E.T. impersonation:And he'll remain amongst the privileged pups in the world with me adding new members to his second-hand posse as long as he keeps looking like this:Oh he just melts my heart. I can't even begin to imagine what my actual children will do to it one day.

4 comments:

A Cincy Mama said...

It melts my heart just to see him in pictures! What a cutie-pie. Our pup goes through toys like you wouldn't believe. I love the Dollar Tree for their cheapo pet toys with squeakers.

Alison said...

oh my goodness! Those pics are adorable! I love the one where he just pooped out and fell asleep in the middle of his new toys. What a cutie. :)

Joni said...

Ahhhhh.....cute pup!

Yes that is THE richard scarry book - look on amazon and see the cover is totally the same, just a little updated. It was Darrell's favorite book also. We recently got Busy, Busy Town b/c I am just so tired of Best Word book ever. But it is absolutely Jasper's favorite and he can say so many words (antenna!?) b/c of this book as well as point to so many more things when asked. It is an awesome book for your um, hope chest.

Josh and Donna said...

so...sugar has a basket full of toys...